WhereVarious locations Louth
Planning the perfect day out for Dad? Here’s just some of the ways you can treat him to a special day to remember in Louth:
- Savour fresh local seafood and coastal drives on the sea louth Scenic Seafood trail.
- Take a boat trip out on Carlingford Lough, there are a number of options here. Or hop aboard the Carlingford Lough Ferry to enjoy panoramic views from their visitor viewing deck.
- Relax and enjoy an ice cream in beautiful Blackrock.
- Cycle, or walk, along the Carlingford Lough Greenway for bird’s eye views of the stunning lough and mountains.
- Discover the sites along the Explore Louth Heritage Trail. From historic landmarks in Drogheda to castles in Medieval Carlingford and early Christian monastic sites at Monasterboice or Old Mellifont Abbey, you’ll be spoilt for choice.
- Have a fun night at the dogs at Dundalk Stadium.
- Take a hike or forest walk, there’s lots of places to choose from, such as the Cooley Mountains or Ravensdale Forest Park.
- Pack a picnic and head to a Blue Flag beach at Templetown, Port or Clogherhead.
- Play a round of golf at one of Louth’s splendid Golf Courses ranging from the idyllic parkland settings at Ardee, Dundalk or Ballymascanlon to stunning coastal courses at Seapoint, Baltray and Greenore.
Accommodation: County Louth offers a great range of first-rate accommodation for visitors to choose from, ranging from Four Star hotels to cosy B&Bs and guest houses, as well as self-catering and glamping options. For a list of accommodation in Louth click here (and filter by town).
Restaurants: For a list of restaurants in Louth click here (and filter by town).
Note: Opening hours and booking requirements should be confirmed with individual attractions and restaurants in advance of visiting.
Cover image: Fáilte Ireland