WhereKileally Ardee Road Dundalk Louth
ContactE: email@example.com Visit Website
Dundalk Famine Graveyard was opened in 1850 following the graveyard at the workhouse becoming full in 1849. The 1 acre site was purchased by Thomas Fortesque of the Dundalk Workhouse for £20. The graveyard was in use until 1912 (some locals witnessed burials in the 1940/50’s)
There are no headstones marking graves, only small marker stones with white crosses marking some graves. The graveyard and surrounding walls were restored over the past 20 years and an Annual service of Remembrance takes place on the first Sunday of August each year.
Access to graveyard via A91E76N with limited car space for parking.