WhereTholsel Street Carlingford Louth
A fortified three-storey town house belonging to a wealthy merchant family in the centre of Carlingford. While the right to mint coinage was not granted to Carlingford until 1467, it is unlikely that it was actually used as a mint.
The most interesting feature is the five highly decorated limestone windows.
The patterns and motifs are an example of the influence of the Celtic Renaissance on art during the 16th century.